What is a Brand Board?
A brand board is a visual representation of your brand.
Your brand board conveys the message that you would like your customers to feel when they first visit your website.
Think of your brand board as being the same as your grandmas famous chocolate cake recipe. On its own the ingredients are pretty boring and don’t amount to much, but when used together in just the right the way it creates something incredibly memorable and delicious.
What makes up a brand board?
Your brand board consists of these seven elements.
- Your logo
- logo variations
- your favicon
- Main Color Palette
- Supporting colour palette
- Patterns & design elements
Why do we use it?
I am going to use the cake example again; Using too much of one ingredient or not enough of another can make your cake dry and tasteless. The same goes for your brand board.
Your brand board is your recipe for brand success.
- Using a brand board is a great way for you to stay on track.
- Helpful when you are creating graphics and visuals to have a guide to follow. If you are unsure if it fits in with your brand, having a look at your board will quickly tell you if you are still on the right track
- It is beneficial when other members of your team start taking over the design duties.
- You might want to outsource your graphics, and by providing your designer with your brand board, they are clear on what direction to go with
- Easy reference for finding your font names and colour codes.
- If you would like to create a brand board for your blog, check back next week when I show you step by step how to do it in Canva
All this talk of cake has made me hungry.😂
Next week I am going to share with you my favourite ways of finding inspiration for a brand board